Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Breakable.


"Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts?
Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts.
So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess,
And to stop the muscle that makes us confess.

And we are so fragile,
And our cracking bones make noise,
And we are just,
Breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys."
-Breakable, Ingrid Michaelson


I was listening to this song today and noticed how much truth there is in the lyrics. We are just breakable boys and girls. It's so easy for something to throw us off course and to bring us down. There is always somebody I know that is hurting inside. Sometimes that person is me, other times it's not.

But lately, it's been me.

I've been down a lot recently. School has been so incredibly stressful and I'm not the best at time management or, you know, homework and school in general. Life is complicated nowadays (well, as complicated as it can get for a seventeen year old college student).

I'm having a hard time balancing my academic and social life, which has really been the major stressor lately. I miss home. I miss seeing my friends all the time, especially my best friend. I miss my bed, my mom, my dad. The boy I like has a girlfriend. My spiritual life is a bit bumpy right now. I just don't feel healthy, physically or mentally.

So I've been having bad days, multiple times a week. It seems as if my friends and I switch off. Someone is having a bad day, everyday. It's a bit exhausting, but it's made me realize...we are fragile. Which is why I've been so grateful for my friends lately. We need to be there for each other on the bad days. Friends help get us through.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I've realized how important it is to be there for my friends. Because we are fragile. We need people to talk to and we need people to tell us that it's going to be okay.

We stick together when times are tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment