Monday, October 4, 2010
I'm a big girl. I've been waking myself up for school for years.
Which is why I got so mad when I woke up to Sierra's face this morning.
First of all, she opened the blanket of my fort. Did I mention that my bottom bunk has been made into a fort? Yeah, I know. I'm cool.
Anyways, she peeked her head in. I sensed someone near me. As my eyes opened I flinched, realizing that my personal space had been seriously invaded.
"You're class starts in nineteen minutes." She said in a motherly voice.
NEWSFLASH. You aren't my mom. You aren't my friend. Get the frick out of my fort!
That isn't what I said. Although, it's definitely what I wanted to say. Instead, I glared at her (I couldn't help it, I was half way asleep) and turned to face the wall. "No it doesn't." I mumbled.
Then she had the audacity to argue with me. "Yes, it does."
I glanced back at her. "No, it doesn't. It was cancelled."
I groaned and attempted to go back to sleep, but it was too late. I was awake.
Saturday, October 2, 2010
It's Saturday night. 10:43 P.M.
Darla has gone home for the weekend. So it's just me and...Sierra.
I'm coming home from seeing The Social Network. (Great movie in case you were wondering.)
I assume my roommate won't be in the dorm at all this evening. After all, it's Saturday night. Last I checked she was wearing faerie wings and using my mixing bowl (ahhhh!!!) to make Jello (I assume Jello shots were involved) with her friends.
So I open the door of my dorm. Yes! The lights are off. Nobody's home.
I look over and see a huge lump in her bed. Gah!
The funny thing about this is that just the other night she made fun of me relentlessly for going to sleep at 10:30 P.M...and that was on a school night.
It's Saturday night, people. She's asleep! What's wrong with this picture?!
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Visual Storytelling. It's the class I loathe sitting through, twice a week for one hour and fifteen minutes. It wouldn't be that bad if my teacher didn't love me so much...or maybe he hates me. I have a hard time distinguishing which is the true answer.
In order for you to fully understand my relationship with this professor, let's go back to the very first class session.
I walk in and sit in the front row. Why? Because I'm trying to make myself uncomfortable. I'm not going to be the sky kid that sits in the back of the class anymore. That's not me. I hate sitting in the back.
The teacher asks everyone to introduce themselves. We have to start with one of the four corners. I'm one of them. No one raises their hand. So, not aware of what I was getting myself into, I stupidly put my arm up in the air.
"Ok, you. What's your name? Where are you from? What's your major?"
I quickly spout off the answers to these questions. "My name is Tory. I'm from Southern California. I'm a Film Studies major." Okay. That was easy enough, right? Wrong. The interrogation, as I like to call it, continues for the next TEN MINUTES.
"Name your top three favorite directors." He demands. I pause.
Sure, I like movies. Why else would I be a Film Studies major? But I never claimed to be a film buff. I don't have three favorite directors. One? Sure. John Hughes.
"What's your favorite John Hughes film?""Pretty in Pink.""Do you think you would've ended up with Duckie?""Probably... I like Duckie.""Wow...that says a lot about you."
Greeeatttt...That's not enough for him. "Give me another one." he says. So I say the first thing that comes to mind. "Hitchcock."
"What's your favorite Hitchcock movie?""The Birds."He laughs...and laughs..and laughs. "You are killing me." he says."What's wrong with The Birds?" I ask."Nothing...it's just an interesting choice." He laughs again. (I like The Birds. Don't judge.)
I'm not exactly sure what else went on during our first encounter. I've managed to block most of it out my memory. And it just gets worse and worse with each and every class...
This is why I think my teacher likes me and/or does not like me:
1) I volunteered to introduce myself first in class.
2) He never has to look up to see if I'm in class when he calls attendance. All he says is..."Double T, I see you." Yes, he has a nickname for me.
3) He ALWAYS calls on me when no one has a hand up...or sometimes even if they do.
4) He ALWAYS puts me on the spot when I try to answer a question or give my opinion after he's called on me.
"Double T, what did you think of this film?""I really liked the flashback scene.""Well, what did you like about it?""I liked the way it was edited. I thought it was very effective and added to the story.""What about the way it was edited made you like it?""I don't know.""Yeah you do.""I really don't.""Okay. Minus five points."
Are you freaking kidding me? I understand he's trying to get more from me and make me uncomfortable, but I don't know what else to say! What really bugs me about it, is that he never does it to anybody else. Only me. How is that fair? I just don't understand, but I guess we will see.
That's all for now. Bye folks.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
<---That's me during my breakdown last week. :)
Why my life sucks right now:
1) I'm having serious issues with my major right now. I absolutely hate it. I literally just want to crawl in a corner and die every time I have to go to Visual Storytelling...and I really just don't enjoy my Film Aesthetics class. What am I supposed to do with my life?! I thought I had it figured out, but apparently I don't.
2) My professor is out to get me and I don't like that :/
3) I've had a baby headache for a week now.
4) I'm living off of pizza, Powerbars, bananas and In N Out.
5) I feel like I'm failing at everything!!!
6) And....my roommate drives me insane...
7) Oh yeah and California weather freaking sucks right now.
Why things are looking up:
1) My roommate works three whole days a week! :) WOOO!
2) I'm finally (for the most part) caught up on my reading!
3) I made some new friends :)
4) I'm SO CLOSE to being done with my video assignment for my Visual Storytelling class.
5) I got an A- on my first college paper! :) Sayyyyy whaaaaa??? Yeah, I know. It's crazy.
6) Church was amazing on Sunday :)
7) Had a nice little chat with my best friend when she came to visit me the other day :) Cheered me right up.