Friday, September 24, 2010

Why, Hello There. I'm Sleeping.


Would you like to know how I woke up this morning?

An obnoxious, pounding and continuous thud against the door of my dorm room.

At first, I was confused. Was someone really at the door at that ungodly hour of the morning? Or was I dreaming? I went with the latter.

A few seconds later, I heard it again. Then my phone vibrated. With each sound I drifted more and more out of my deep and peaceful sleep. The knocking became more aggressive and showed no sign of stopping.

That was it. I was awake. I checked my phone and sure enough there was a text message from my roommate asking to be let in.

I took my sweet precious time getting up. It’s not my fault she lost her ID card. It’s not my fault she chose to sleep in her friends room on a school night. And it’s not my fault that she came back when both me and Darla were sleeping.

Ahhh!!!!

Yes, I know. I’m a bit of a drama queen. I can recognize that it wasn’t that big of a deal…but I’m a human being…that was up late doing homework…every minute of sleep is CRUCIAL. I had fifteen more minutes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment